Middle Eastern producer announces Nov PE prices to SEA
The producer increased their offers by $10-20/ton when compared to last month’s offers. Accordingly, their new prices stand at $1140/ton for HDPE film and HDPE blow moulding, and at $1200/ton for LLDPE film, all on a CIF SEA, cash basis.
The source commented, “Buyers think the current LLDPE offers are too high since prices were $40/ton lower before the price increases in China’s market. For HDPE, buyers are giving lower bids but we are not considering any price below our level. The Southeast Asian market is quite weak and not likely to increase. On a country basis, Vietnam and Thailand have ample local supplies while market activities are slow in Malaysia and Indonesia’s market is quiet due to low local prices. China is doing better than Southeast Asia on the back of the lower supply levels and buyers’ replenishment activities. HDPE prices were under pressure due to a supply glut in Southeast Asia; however, this has changed since the regional producers have already sold out their inventory.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe’s PE markets under pressure from rising supplies
- PP demand fares better than PE in Turkey
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year