Middle Eastern producer lifts May PE prices to Jordan
According to the converter, the producer’s new prices stand at $1390/ton for LLDPE c4 film and at $1410/ton for HDPE film on CIF Aqaba, 90 days deferred payment basis.
“New May PE prices indicate around $100/ton hikes from April levels while we are still waiting to receive new offer levels from a major Saudi Arabian producer. At the moment, our end product demand is slow and our export business has stalled given the political unrest in the region.
However, supplies are very short in the market as a major Saudi producer has been cutting their allocations and delivering in very limited amounts during the past few months. On top of that, another Saudi producer has been out of the market for a long time. Considering these factors, we do not anticipate any supply relief in the days ahead,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops