Middle Eastern producer lifts May PE prices to Jordan
According to the converter, the producer’s new prices stand at $1390/ton for LLDPE c4 film and at $1410/ton for HDPE film on CIF Aqaba, 90 days deferred payment basis.
“New May PE prices indicate around $100/ton hikes from April levels while we are still waiting to receive new offer levels from a major Saudi Arabian producer. At the moment, our end product demand is slow and our export business has stalled given the political unrest in the region.
However, supplies are very short in the market as a major Saudi producer has been cutting their allocations and delivering in very limited amounts during the past few months. On top of that, another Saudi producer has been out of the market for a long time. Considering these factors, we do not anticipate any supply relief in the days ahead,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East