Middle Eastern producer lifts PE prices to China
The producer reportedly raised its LDPE and LLDPE film offers by $15/ton when compared to last week, bringing its new prices respectively to $1175/ton and to $1130/ton, both on CIF China, cash basis. A trader noted, “The producer’s LDPE supply is limited.”
The PE outlook in China’s import market cautiously turned firmer last past week as several overseas suppliers of mainstream origins were reportedly feeling free from sales pressure, limiting their allocations to China. The upward pressure from higher local offers also played a role in pushing import prices up amidst firming futures.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets