Middle Eastern producer reveals January PE prices to Egypt
The new offer levels stand at $1350/ton for both HDPE and LLDPE c4 film on CIF Alexandria, 90 days deferred payment basis. They indicate decreases of $150/ton from the producer’s initial December levels while they are down $130/ton when compared with the producer’s most recent December levels.
A trader offering on behalf of the producer commented, “Overall demand is still weak in Egypt, but our allocations are limited. Therefore, we do not think that we will struggle to sell our quotas. Meanwhile, additional discounts of around $10/ton will be possible for our regular customers.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets