Middle Eastern producer reveals January PE prices to Egypt
The new offer levels stand at $1350/ton for both HDPE and LLDPE c4 film on CIF Alexandria, 90 days deferred payment basis. They indicate decreases of $150/ton from the producer’s initial December levels while they are down $130/ton when compared with the producer’s most recent December levels.
A trader offering on behalf of the producer commented, “Overall demand is still weak in Egypt, but our allocations are limited. Therefore, we do not think that we will struggle to sell our quotas. Meanwhile, additional discounts of around $10/ton will be possible for our regular customers.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record