Middle Eastern producer voices PE sell ideas for Dec to SEA
A source from the producer reported that they are planning to announce their December prices to the regional markets at $1480/ton for LLDPE film and at $1490/ton for HDPE film and blow moulding, all on a CIF SEA, cash basis. When compared to the producer’s most recent reported prices for November, their December sell ideas indicate $80/ton decreases.
The source commented, “We expect that prices will continue to follow a softer note until the end of the year unless crude oil prices firm up.”
In Southeast Asia, import LLDPE film prices are currently at $1470-1580/ton while HDPE film offers are reported at $1420-1530/ton, all on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices
- China’s Q1 polymer imports set a new record near 6 million tons