Middle Eastern producers announce Nov PE prices to SEA
“Major Middle Eastern producers have limited supplies for November. Hence, they keep their prices at high levels. Plus, some Southeast Asian producers are also having supply issues. On the other hand, demand is not promising. In Vietnam, most buyers replenished their stocks in early October and they are mostly covered until the end of November. Demand for many end product applications remains slow in the region,” the source commented.
The producer’s new prices stand at $1230/ton CIF SEA, cash for LLDPE film, HDPE film and HDPE blow moulding.
A trader operating in Vietnam reported receiving an LLDPE film offer for November from the same producer at $1230/ton CIF, cash, stating, “Demand is still stagnant in Vietnam, especially for PP. PE demand is a bit better as LLDPE supplies are quite limited at the moment.”
Meanwhile, two players in Vietnam reported that they received November PE prices from a Saudi Arabian producer at $1230-1240/ton for LLDPE film and at $1240/ton for HDPE film, both on a CIF SEA, cash basis. According to players, the producer’s new prices indicate increases of $50-60/ton for LLDPE film and $40-60/ton for HDPE film when compared to October.
A bag manufacturer said, “Demand for our end products is regular while we are already covered until December. We are not that willing to make fresh purchases in December either as we are planning to deplete our stocks before the year ends.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect
- East African PP, PE markets on rise for July but deals still scarce