Middle Eastern producers issue July PP, PE offers to Lebanon, Jordan
Accordingly, a Saudi major announced its PE and PP prices to Lebanon with rollovers to increases from June, while a Qatari producer’s new PE offers are indicating rollovers from the previous month. Meanwhile, the Saudi major maintained its July offers at June levels in Jordan.
In Lebanon, the producers’ new PE offers stand at $1170-1190/ton for HDPE film, $1280-1320/ton for LDPE film and $1200-1220/ton for LLDPE c4 film, all on a CIF Beirut, 90 days basis.
A film manufacturer argued, “Demand has been good since Ramadan. The overall market sentiment is improving. The political situation is currently stable.”
In Jordan, the Saudi major’s new offers were reported at $1130/ton for homo PP raffia and inj., $1220/ton for HDPE film, $1320/ton for LDPE film and $1230/ton for LLDPE c4 film, all on a CIP Amman, 90 days basis.
A distributor said, “The supplies are good while demand remains slow as players are yet to return to their desks after holidays.. We are waiting to receive the rest of the Middle Eastern offers with rollovers to decreases in line with the regional sentiment.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?