Middle Eastern suppliers cut PE offers to Turkey
A global producer started to offer Saudi LDPE at $1150-1160/ton CFR Turkey, cash, subject to 6.5% duty. These offers indicate a decrease of $60-70/ton when compared to the offers reported in early November from the same source. “Demand is poor not only in Turkey, but also in other Middle Eastern countries,” said the source.
Another Middle Eastern producer also reported to be offering LLDPE at $1200/ton and HDPE film at $1180-1200/ton with the same terms. The producer’s offer levels suggest a decrease of $30/ton for LLDPE and $50-70/ton for HDPE film when compared to their initial November offers.
A third supplier from Saudi Arabia reported having sold out HDPE film last week, $20-30/ton lower than its initial November offers from the bonded warehouse at $1280/ton FCA, subject to 6.5% duty, cash. As for December, the source was expecting to see some downward pressure due to retreating PE prices in China.
Players are now waiting to see the new PE offers from a major Saudi producer and a Qatari producer.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge
- Aggressive PP offers from China continue to find way to Turkey, Vietnam
- Stats: China’s total PE imports in Jan-Feb hit fresh record high