Middle Eastern suppliers cut PE offers to Turkey
A global producer started to offer Saudi LDPE at $1150-1160/ton CFR Turkey, cash, subject to 6.5% duty. These offers indicate a decrease of $60-70/ton when compared to the offers reported in early November from the same source. “Demand is poor not only in Turkey, but also in other Middle Eastern countries,” said the source.
Another Middle Eastern producer also reported to be offering LLDPE at $1200/ton and HDPE film at $1180-1200/ton with the same terms. The producer’s offer levels suggest a decrease of $30/ton for LLDPE and $50-70/ton for HDPE film when compared to their initial November offers.
A third supplier from Saudi Arabia reported having sold out HDPE film last week, $20-30/ton lower than its initial November offers from the bonded warehouse at $1280/ton FCA, subject to 6.5% duty, cash. As for December, the source was expecting to see some downward pressure due to retreating PE prices in China.
Players are now waiting to see the new PE offers from a major Saudi producer and a Qatari producer.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months
- Sentiment in Turkey’s PP, PE markets defies faltering in China