Mitsubishi Chemical restarts PTA plant, plans further maintenance in Oct
The PTA plant had been shut in early July due to technical issues. It remained shut until the end of the G20 summit which took place in Hangzhou last week since the petrochemical companies were asked to shut their plants due to air pollution.
The plant has a production capacity of 600,000 tons/year and will be back to its regular operations in November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops