Mondi Group completes acquisition Turkey’s packaging company Kalenobel
Kalenobel is a fast-growing packaging company in Turkey focused on the manufacturing of flexible consumer packaging for ice cream and other applications in addition to aseptic cartons. The company is the European market leader in flexible consumer packaging and provides services for international and regional FMCG companies.
Mondi, serving in more than 30 countries with around 25,000 employees, is an international packaging company. The company’s 2015 revenue was €6.8 billion and has key operations in several regions including Central Europe, Russia, North America and South Africa.
The transaction received the required regulatory consents and was officially closed on July 12, 2016 after it was signed on June 2, 2016.In terms of the size of the deal, this has been the largest transaction in the Turkish packaging industry in the last three years.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports