Mondi Group completes acquisition Turkey’s packaging company Kalenobel
Kalenobel is a fast-growing packaging company in Turkey focused on the manufacturing of flexible consumer packaging for ice cream and other applications in addition to aseptic cartons. The company is the European market leader in flexible consumer packaging and provides services for international and regional FMCG companies.
Mondi, serving in more than 30 countries with around 25,000 employees, is an international packaging company. The company’s 2015 revenue was €6.8 billion and has key operations in several regions including Central Europe, Russia, North America and South Africa.
The transaction received the required regulatory consents and was officially closed on July 12, 2016 after it was signed on June 2, 2016.In terms of the size of the deal, this has been the largest transaction in the Turkish packaging industry in the last three years.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia