More April import PP, PE prices surface in Kenya
Previously, a major Saudi Arabian producer had approached the Kenyan market with April PP and PE price hikes while more converters reported receiving new offers from different Saudi producers as of today.
Looking at the overall increase amounts so far, the new offers indicate $80-105/ton increases for PE and $80-100/ton increases for PP, according to the players.
Overall import Middle Eastern prices stand at $1270/ton for HDPE and LLDPE film and at $1290/ton for LDPE film, $1050-1060/ton for PP raffia and injection, $1080/ton for PP film and fibre on CFR Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days deferred payment basis.
There are different views on general supply levels in the market. Some players highlight the limited Middle Eastern supplies, which support sellers on their firm offer levels, while some report that supplies are not that problematic and are in line with the current demand. End product demand, meanwhile, generally is deemed as normal, according to the players in the country.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov