More April import PP, PE prices surface in Kenya
Previously, a major Saudi Arabian producer had approached the Kenyan market with April PP and PE price hikes while more converters reported receiving new offers from different Saudi producers as of today.
Looking at the overall increase amounts so far, the new offers indicate $80-105/ton increases for PE and $80-100/ton increases for PP, according to the players.
Overall import Middle Eastern prices stand at $1270/ton for HDPE and LLDPE film and at $1290/ton for LDPE film, $1050-1060/ton for PP raffia and injection, $1080/ton for PP film and fibre on CFR Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days deferred payment basis.
There are different views on general supply levels in the market. Some players highlight the limited Middle Eastern supplies, which support sellers on their firm offer levels, while some report that supplies are not that problematic and are in line with the current demand. End product demand, meanwhile, generally is deemed as normal, according to the players in the country.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets