More Asian ABS prices emerge lower for August in Turkey
A different South Korean producer, who already implemented reductions of $50/ton on their ABS offers, conceded to additional drops of $50/ton on their transactions. A trader stated, “We obtained another $50/ton drop from our supplier and their total August drop reached $100/ton. We replaced a limited amount of material due to weak demand and stiff pressure from competitive prices in the market.”
A Taiwanese ABS producer issued $40/ton drops for August from their last July levels. The move brought the seller’s prices to $1545/ton for natural and $1695/ton for white grade, CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash.
Import ABS prices have been on a bearish trend since mid-May in Turkey. The recent prices are the lowest levels since early February this year, according to ChemOrbis Price Index. Players attributed the latest price cuts to poor demand and lower energy costs, which also drove styrene, butadiene and ACN costs south.
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem