More Asian ABS producers reveal lower Dec prices to Turkey
A South Korean producer revealed their new December prices with decreases of $90/ton for ABS natural and $150/ton for ABS white. Their recent offers were at $1800/ton and $2050/ton, respectively, on CIF Turkey, cash basis. A trader purchased some ABS natural from the supplier, saying, “We engaged in some purchases in order to meet the needs of our regular customers. However, we expect to see additional drops in the ABS market in the days to come.”
Another South Korean producer issued their new ABS natural and white prices at $1820/ton and $2070/ton, respectively, on a CIF, cash basis. The levels represent $80/ton decreases from November.
A Taiwanese ABS producer revealed their new prices with $40/ton decreases from last month. The producer’s new prices were reported at $1800/ton for ABS natural at $1950/ton for ABS white, all CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash.
Spot styrene prices in Asia broke below the $1050/ton threshold to indicate a hefty decrease of around $185/ton on an FOB South Korea basis on the week. Spot butadiene costs lost $15/ton with the same terms in the period.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets