More Asian producers lift ABS prices to China
A source from another South Korean producer reported that they increased their ABS injection offers to China by $10/ton from two weeks ago to $1450/ton CIF China, cash basis. “Demand is good. Our price is still negotiable and we are waiting for Taiwanese offers before we make any adjustments on our prices,” he said.
A trader who received offers from a Taiwanese producer also reported that the producer’s ABS prices to China are up by $20/ton while PS prices are stable when compared to levels before holidays. The producer’s offers stand at $1460/ton for ABS injection, at $1240/ton for HIPS injection and at $1200/ton for GPPS injection, all on a CIF Hong Kong, cash basis.“This week, buying appetite for ABS is strong in China and demand is fine. Traders offer ABS prices close to producers’ offer levels because allocations are limited since producers are reluctant to purchase high-priced feedstocks,” he opined.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s PET markets extend rebound on firmer costs
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high