More Asian producers lift ABS prices to China
A source from another South Korean producer reported that they increased their ABS injection offers to China by $10/ton from two weeks ago to $1450/ton CIF China, cash basis. “Demand is good. Our price is still negotiable and we are waiting for Taiwanese offers before we make any adjustments on our prices,” he said.
A trader who received offers from a Taiwanese producer also reported that the producer’s ABS prices to China are up by $20/ton while PS prices are stable when compared to levels before holidays. The producer’s offers stand at $1460/ton for ABS injection, at $1240/ton for HIPS injection and at $1200/ton for GPPS injection, all on a CIF Hong Kong, cash basis.“This week, buying appetite for ABS is strong in China and demand is fine. Traders offer ABS prices close to producers’ offer levels because allocations are limited since producers are reluctant to purchase high-priced feedstocks,” he opined.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion