More Dec PE offers from Mid-East surface in Jordan
According to the buyer, a major Saudi producer implemented decreases of $60-70/ton on their December prices, bringing their new offers to $1240/ton for LLDPE film and to $1230/ton for LDPE and HDPE film, all on a CIP Amman, 90 days deferred payment basis. The converter was also offered December shipment HDPE film by an Emirati supplier at $1140/ton with the same terms.
He commented, “We hear that players are generally not satisfied with the Saudi major’s reduction amounts and they are expecting to see additional decreases in the coming days. Meanwhile, demand for our end products remains poor. Hence, we are not planning to replenish at the moment. Supplies are not problematic while we also hear that more competitive offers from other Middle Eastern suppliers are available in the market.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?