More Dec PE offers from Mid-East surface in Jordan
According to the buyer, a major Saudi producer implemented decreases of $60-70/ton on their December prices, bringing their new offers to $1240/ton for LLDPE film and to $1230/ton for LDPE and HDPE film, all on a CIP Amman, 90 days deferred payment basis. The converter was also offered December shipment HDPE film by an Emirati supplier at $1140/ton with the same terms.
He commented, “We hear that players are generally not satisfied with the Saudi major’s reduction amounts and they are expecting to see additional decreases in the coming days. Meanwhile, demand for our end products remains poor. Hence, we are not planning to replenish at the moment. Supplies are not problematic while we also hear that more competitive offers from other Middle Eastern suppliers are available in the market.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET prices weaken further in Asia and Mediterranean
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low