More Dec PE offers from Mid-East surface in Jordan
According to the buyer, a major Saudi producer implemented decreases of $60-70/ton on their December prices, bringing their new offers to $1240/ton for LLDPE film and to $1230/ton for LDPE and HDPE film, all on a CIP Amman, 90 days deferred payment basis. The converter was also offered December shipment HDPE film by an Emirati supplier at $1140/ton with the same terms.
He commented, “We hear that players are generally not satisfied with the Saudi major’s reduction amounts and they are expecting to see additional decreases in the coming days. Meanwhile, demand for our end products remains poor. Hence, we are not planning to replenish at the moment. Supplies are not problematic while we also hear that more competitive offers from other Middle Eastern suppliers are available in the market.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?