More Dec PE offers from Mid-East surface in Jordan
According to the buyer, a major Saudi producer implemented decreases of $60-70/ton on their December prices, bringing their new offers to $1240/ton for LLDPE film and to $1230/ton for LDPE and HDPE film, all on a CIP Amman, 90 days deferred payment basis. The converter was also offered December shipment HDPE film by an Emirati supplier at $1140/ton with the same terms.
He commented, “We hear that players are generally not satisfied with the Saudi major’s reduction amounts and they are expecting to see additional decreases in the coming days. Meanwhile, demand for our end products remains poor. Hence, we are not planning to replenish at the moment. Supplies are not problematic while we also hear that more competitive offers from other Middle Eastern suppliers are available in the market.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shipping costs show no sign of abating yet
- PP, PE gains extend into April but demand slips further in Africa
- Triple-digit hikes send Europe’s PP market to fresh all-time highs
- Turkey’s PET markets extend drops into April, pervaded by weak demand
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?