More June PP, PE prices from Mid-East surface in Egypt
A trader reported that a Saudi producer announced their June prices to Egypt at $1180/ton for PP random copolymer injection, at $1040/ton for PP raffia and injection and at $1210/ton for LLDPE film, all on a CIF Alexandria, 90 days deferred payment basis. According to him, the producer’s new levels represent decreases of $10/ton for PPRC inj. and $50/ton for homo-PP and LLDPE film when compared to May. The trader also received new offers from a Middle Eastern producer with $30/ton decreases at $1230/ton for HDPE film and b/m and at $1240/ton for LLDPE film with the same terms. “Demand is muted while we have limited supplies for June,” he said.
Another trader reported that another Middle Eastern producer revealed their June prices with $30/ton decreases from May at $1170/ton for HDPE film and at $1150/ton for PPRC inj. on a CIF Alexandria, 90 days basis. He commented, “Supplies are not that ample, but they are in line with the current state of demand. Liquidity remains tight.”
A third trader also received June prices from a different Saudi producer at $1250/ton for LDPE film, at $1240/ton for HDPE film and b/m, at $1090/ton for PP raffia and inj. and at $1110/ton for PP fibre, all on a CIF Alexandria, 90 days basis. “The producer’s new levels are suggesting decreases of $20-30/ton when compared to May. However, our customers are not willing to accept the new levels and they are placing lower bids.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years