More Middle Eastern Oct PP, PE prices revealed to Kenya
The Middle Eastern prices that the converter received stand at $1280/ton for LDPE film, $1270-1300/ton for LLDPE film, $1290-1310/ton for HDPE film, $1170/ton for PPBC injection and at $1150/ton for PP raffia and injection on a CFR Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days deferred payment basis.
“Overall buying interest has started to pick up in Kenya and prices have started to gain some ground following the large decreases recorded during the previous months. We believe that the polyolefin markets have reached the bottom and that traders will try to maintain their current levels. Apart from the import market, the depreciation of the Kenyan shilling against the US dollar has also caused distribution market levels to rise.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa
- Vietnam’s PE market sees first hike attempts after two months
- PET prices in Turkey and Egypt recover from two-year lows