More Middle Eastern Oct PP, PE prices revealed to Kenya
The Middle Eastern prices that the converter received stand at $1280/ton for LDPE film, $1270-1300/ton for LLDPE film, $1290-1310/ton for HDPE film, $1170/ton for PPBC injection and at $1150/ton for PP raffia and injection on a CFR Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days deferred payment basis.
“Overall buying interest has started to pick up in Kenya and prices have started to gain some ground following the large decreases recorded during the previous months. We believe that the polyolefin markets have reached the bottom and that traders will try to maintain their current levels. Apart from the import market, the depreciation of the Kenyan shilling against the US dollar has also caused distribution market levels to rise.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets