More Middle Eastern PP, PE prices revealed to Egypt
Accordingly, the new PP offers indicate $120-130/ton decreases from the producers’ initial August levels. However, one of these producer’s new raffia prices are $40-50/ton down when compared with their most recent August prices. Meanwhile, new PE prices indicate around $170/ton drops from early August levels.
Prices stand at $1120-1180/ton for PP raffia and injection, at $1270/ton for PPBC injection and at $1200-1250/ton for HDPE film and LLDPE c4 film on a CIF Alexandria, 90 days deferred payment basis.
“Our customers are showing resistance towards our new offer levels despite our decreases. Many place lower bids and we are waiting for the producers’ response to these counter bids. Regarding allocations, one of the Saudi producers has limited quotas spared for Egypt this month,” a trader commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm