More Saudi players receive August prices from a local major
A plastic end product manufacturer reported that they received August PS prices with SAR75/ton ($20/ton) increases from July levels and stated that demand is nearly muted in their market since Ramadan month and it is expected to continue till the end of August since most of the market players are still on summer holidays. “Supplies are available, however the market is quiet and demand may pick up as of September,” he stated. According to him, the local major’s PS prices stand at SAR4875/ton ($1300/ton) for GPPS injection and at SAR5175/ton ($1380/ton) for HIPS injection, all on a FD Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, cash basis.
A trader operating in the country reported that the Saudi major offers PPRC pipe (Type 3) at SAR4875/ton ($1300/ton), PPRC injection at SAR4425/ton ($1180/ton), PP-homo raffia and injection at SAR3750/ton ($1000/ton), PP fibre and film at SAR3863/ton ($1030ton), LDPE film at SAR4425/ton ($1180/ton), LLDPE film at SAR4275/ton ($1140/ton), HDPE film at SAR4350/ton ($1160/ton), HDPE blow moulding at SAR4463/ton ($1190/ton), HDPE injection at SAR4538/ton ($1210ton), PET bottle at SAR3510/ton ($935/ton) and PVC k67-68 at SAR3375/ton ($900/ton), GPPS injection SAR4875/ton ($1300/ton)and for HIPS injection at SAR5175/ton ($1380/ton), all on a FD Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, cash basis.
A converter who reported receiving offers for PP-homo raffia at SAR3750/ton ($1000/ton) and HDPE film at SAR4350/ton ($1160/ton) with the same terms noted that producers rolled over their offers for August announcements in line with the market expectations. He added, “Demand is moderate but slow when compared to the same period of the last year.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months