More Saudi producers announce Dec PE, PP prices to Egypt
A Saudi producer’s December offers to Egypt also indicate rollovers as the overall market sentiment remains poor. A distributor reported receiving offers at $1225/ton for HDPE film, $1345/ton for LDPE film, $1255/ton for LLDPE c4 film, $1215/ton for HDPE b/m and at $1140/ton for PP raffia and inj. CIF, Alexandria, Egypt, 90 days. “There are a limited number of local offers in the market as traders prefer to wait until a clearer picture is drawn,” the seller noted.
However, a trader offering on behalf of a different Saudi producer started offering with decreases from November due to the sluggish year-end demand. The source commented, “Demand is poor and inquiries we receive are not many. On the other hand, our December allocations are limited.”
The producer’s PP prices indicate slight discounts of $10/ton while its PE prices are reported $30 lower for HDPE grades and $40/ton lower for LDPE compared to November.
Accordingly, trader’s PP offers are reported at $1170-1180/ton for PP raffia, $1180-1190/ton for PP inj., $1190-1200/ton for fibre while PE offers stand at $1270-1280/ton for LDPE film, $1190-1200/ton for HDPE film and b/m and $1440-1450/ton for HDPE pipe orange on CIF Alexandria, Egypt, 90 days basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs