More Saudi producers announce Dec PE, PP prices to Egypt
A Saudi producer’s December offers to Egypt also indicate rollovers as the overall market sentiment remains poor. A distributor reported receiving offers at $1225/ton for HDPE film, $1345/ton for LDPE film, $1255/ton for LLDPE c4 film, $1215/ton for HDPE b/m and at $1140/ton for PP raffia and inj. CIF, Alexandria, Egypt, 90 days. “There are a limited number of local offers in the market as traders prefer to wait until a clearer picture is drawn,” the seller noted.
However, a trader offering on behalf of a different Saudi producer started offering with decreases from November due to the sluggish year-end demand. The source commented, “Demand is poor and inquiries we receive are not many. On the other hand, our December allocations are limited.”
The producer’s PP prices indicate slight discounts of $10/ton while its PE prices are reported $30 lower for HDPE grades and $40/ton lower for LDPE compared to November.
Accordingly, trader’s PP offers are reported at $1170-1180/ton for PP raffia, $1180-1190/ton for PP inj., $1190-1200/ton for fibre while PE offers stand at $1270-1280/ton for LDPE film, $1190-1200/ton for HDPE film and b/m and $1440-1450/ton for HDPE pipe orange on CIF Alexandria, Egypt, 90 days basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect
- East African PP, PE markets on rise for July but deals still scarce