More Saudi producers announce Dec PE, PP prices to Egypt
A Saudi producer’s December offers to Egypt also indicate rollovers as the overall market sentiment remains poor. A distributor reported receiving offers at $1225/ton for HDPE film, $1345/ton for LDPE film, $1255/ton for LLDPE c4 film, $1215/ton for HDPE b/m and at $1140/ton for PP raffia and inj. CIF, Alexandria, Egypt, 90 days. “There are a limited number of local offers in the market as traders prefer to wait until a clearer picture is drawn,” the seller noted.
However, a trader offering on behalf of a different Saudi producer started offering with decreases from November due to the sluggish year-end demand. The source commented, “Demand is poor and inquiries we receive are not many. On the other hand, our December allocations are limited.”
The producer’s PP prices indicate slight discounts of $10/ton while its PE prices are reported $30 lower for HDPE grades and $40/ton lower for LDPE compared to November.
Accordingly, trader’s PP offers are reported at $1170-1180/ton for PP raffia, $1180-1190/ton for PP inj., $1190-1200/ton for fibre while PE offers stand at $1270-1280/ton for LDPE film, $1190-1200/ton for HDPE film and b/m and $1440-1450/ton for HDPE pipe orange on CIF Alexandria, Egypt, 90 days basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe’s dumping case on US and Egyptian PVC: A look at early reactions and possible impacts on trade flows
- Aggressive US PE prices find way to Türkiye, Africa amid year-end stock clearing
- PLAST EURASIA 2023: Players discuss PP, PE outlook amid financial challenges
- Stats: India’s Jan-Sep PVC imports surge, China takes the lion’s share despite safeguard investigation
- Sentiment weakens across African PP, PE markets in November
- HDPE film drops faster than other two main PE film grades in China
- PE prices see larger drops than C2 in Italy, unlike West Europe
- Weak demand sends Türkiye’s styrenics markets to multi-month lows
- Bearish sentiment spills over to Middle Eastern PP, PE markets in November
- Dull demand dents PE outlook in SE Asia for rest of year