More Saudi producers announce Dec PE, PP prices to Egypt
A Saudi producer’s December offers to Egypt also indicate rollovers as the overall market sentiment remains poor. A distributor reported receiving offers at $1225/ton for HDPE film, $1345/ton for LDPE film, $1255/ton for LLDPE c4 film, $1215/ton for HDPE b/m and at $1140/ton for PP raffia and inj. CIF, Alexandria, Egypt, 90 days. “There are a limited number of local offers in the market as traders prefer to wait until a clearer picture is drawn,” the seller noted.
However, a trader offering on behalf of a different Saudi producer started offering with decreases from November due to the sluggish year-end demand. The source commented, “Demand is poor and inquiries we receive are not many. On the other hand, our December allocations are limited.”
The producer’s PP prices indicate slight discounts of $10/ton while its PE prices are reported $30 lower for HDPE grades and $40/ton lower for LDPE compared to November.
Accordingly, trader’s PP offers are reported at $1170-1180/ton for PP raffia, $1180-1190/ton for PP inj., $1190-1200/ton for fibre while PE offers stand at $1270-1280/ton for LDPE film, $1190-1200/ton for HDPE film and b/m and $1440-1450/ton for HDPE pipe orange on CIF Alexandria, Egypt, 90 days basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply supports SEA import PP market at 5-year highs
- Asian PS, ABS markets shoot up on production upsets, soaring styrene
- Upsurge continues to wreak havoc on Turkey’s PP, PE markets
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia