More Sept PP, PE prices announced in Egypt
According to the trader, the producer’s offers are currently standing at $1180/ton for HDPE film and LLDPE c4 film, at $1210/ton for LDPE film and at $1080/ton for PP-homo raffia and injection, all on a CIF Alexandria, 90 days deferred payment basis.
“The producer rolled over its prices for another month. In the import market, activities are still slow due to exchange rate issues. Importers are not confident on new purchases considering the fluctuating dollar parity as they want to protect their margins. Overall demand is slow and players prefer to meet their urgent needs from the local market which is following a softening trend,” reported the trader.
Prior to this announcement, other Saudi producers had revealed their PP and PE prices to Egypt with rollovers from August.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds
- Oil producers boast record Q3 earnings but chemical margins under pressure
- Aggressive imports, long supplies weigh on Europe’s ABS markets