Moroccan players report Oct PP, PE prices from the Middle East
A trader commented that the demand remains slow in Morocco while supplies are available. “We managed to obtain very competitive prices from a Saudi Arabian producer when compared to the other players in the Moroccan market given our large and regular purchase amounts,” he further added. According to him, the Saudi producer’s new PE prices indicate €10-40/ton drops while their homo-PP prices are down by €30/ton.
Another trader remarked, “Overall demand remains weak since the market has not fully shaken off the holiday lull. Supplies are available in the market and demand is not that good given the current state of the economy. By December, we anticipate further decreases.”
Looking at the overall Middle Eastern prices in Morocco, they stand at €1110-1140/ton for HDPE film, €1140-1160/ton for LDPE film, €1110-1140/ton for LLDPE c4 film, €990-1030/ton for PP raffia and injection, €1100/ton for PPBC injection and at €1140/ton for PPRC injection on CIF Casablanca, Morocco, 90 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops