Moroccan players report Oct PP, PE prices from the Middle East
A trader commented that the demand remains slow in Morocco while supplies are available. “We managed to obtain very competitive prices from a Saudi Arabian producer when compared to the other players in the Moroccan market given our large and regular purchase amounts,” he further added. According to him, the Saudi producer’s new PE prices indicate €10-40/ton drops while their homo-PP prices are down by €30/ton.
Another trader remarked, “Overall demand remains weak since the market has not fully shaken off the holiday lull. Supplies are available in the market and demand is not that good given the current state of the economy. By December, we anticipate further decreases.”
Looking at the overall Middle Eastern prices in Morocco, they stand at €1110-1140/ton for HDPE film, €1140-1160/ton for LDPE film, €1110-1140/ton for LLDPE c4 film, €990-1030/ton for PP raffia and injection, €1100/ton for PPBC injection and at €1140/ton for PPRC injection on CIF Casablanca, Morocco, 90 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?