Moroccan trader: April import PE records up to three digit hikes
A trader reported that a major Saudi Arabian producer’s new PE prices stand at €1190/ton for LDPE and at €1220/ton for LLDPE c4 film on CIF Casablanca, Morocco, 90 days deferred payments, indicating €120/ton hikes when compared to March levels.
“Although we anticipate some improvements on demand ahead of the approaching Ramadan in June, overall demand is still weak in the country as buyers continue to purchase on a hand-to-mouth basis. Meanwhile, supply levels are comfortable from the Middle Eastern producers as we can obtain our usual quota amount from them," said the trader.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years