Moroccan trader: April import PE records up to three digit hikes
A trader reported that a major Saudi Arabian producer’s new PE prices stand at €1190/ton for LDPE and at €1220/ton for LLDPE c4 film on CIF Casablanca, Morocco, 90 days deferred payments, indicating €120/ton hikes when compared to March levels.
“Although we anticipate some improvements on demand ahead of the approaching Ramadan in June, overall demand is still weak in the country as buyers continue to purchase on a hand-to-mouth basis. Meanwhile, supply levels are comfortable from the Middle Eastern producers as we can obtain our usual quota amount from them," said the trader.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s PET markets extend rebound on firmer costs
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high