NOVA Chemicals steps in to stop ocean debris in Indonesia
The investment supports the Project STOP, a joint initiative between NOVA Chemical’s sister company Borealis and SYSTEMIQ, which aims to stop plastic pollution from reaching the world’s oceans by use of circular economy solutions.
The project, which has chosen Indonesia as a primary focus region, will support a coastal fishing community located in Banyuwangi, Indonesia to eliminate leakage of plastics into the environment and increase plastics recycling.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will China’s recovery mitigate bearish pressure on SEA PP market?
- Expectations for May PVC pricing call for sharp decreases in Asia
- Confusion over Vietnam lockdown drives local PE prices to fresh lows
- European PVC producers start revealing April offers, drops vary in size
- April drops send import PP to 4-year low in Turkey, PE lowest in 12 years
- Vietnam’s homo-PP market plunges to lowest since 2009
- China’s total PE imports in Jan-Feb fail to catch up with last year’s record on coronavirus
- Saudi major announces April PP, PE prices with sizeable drops as lockdown ramps up
- European PET demand soars, will it alleviate cost pressure?
- US PE pioneers aggressive prices globally, responding to energy slump