NYMEX oil futures settle below $40 on Monday, near 7 year low
The decrease was attributed to ample supply issues and globally weaker equities pioneered by a nosedive in China’s stock market. Moreover, China’s persistently slowing economy is causing increased concerns about weak oil demand in the face of rising supply.
Recently, Iran’s Oil Minister Bijan Zanganeh suggested that an emergency meeting of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) may stop further declines and help stabilize prices in oil markets. However, according to some delegates, an emergency meeting is unlikely unless Saudi Arabia, the cartel’s top oil exporter, endorses the proposal.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect