Naphtha prices break below $400/ton in Europe
Spot naphtha prices in Europe declined around $30-35/ton week over week to be currently quoted at around $380-385/ton CIF ARA. Weekly average prices on ChemOrbis Price Wizard showed that spot naphtha prices have fallen to post the lowest levels seen since the middle of March 2009.
Meanwhile, spot naphtha prices in Asia also fell by around $30/ton from a week earlier to around $425/ton CFR Japan, posting the lowest levels since the middle of March 2009 on a weekly average basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect