Naphtha prices break below $400/ton in Europe
Spot naphtha prices in Europe declined around $30-35/ton week over week to be currently quoted at around $380-385/ton CIF ARA. Weekly average prices on ChemOrbis Price Wizard showed that spot naphtha prices have fallen to post the lowest levels seen since the middle of March 2009.
Meanwhile, spot naphtha prices in Asia also fell by around $30/ton from a week earlier to around $425/ton CFR Japan, posting the lowest levels since the middle of March 2009 on a weekly average basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe