Naphtha prices continue to decline, sink below $400 in Asia
On Monday, NYMEX October oil futures had settled down $2.21/barrel at $38.24/barrel, hitting the lowest level seen since February 2009 while Brent oil futures also declined by $2.70/barrel, or 6.1%, to settle at $42.69/barrel, breaking below $43/barrel for the first time since March 2009.
Spot naphtha prices in Asia declined around $55/ton week over week to be currently reported at around $390/ton CFR Japan. Weekly average prices on ChemOrbis Price Wizard showed that Asian spot naphtha prices posted the lowest levels seen since mid- February 2009.
In Europe, meanwhile, naphtha prices are currently reported at around $350/ton CIF ARA, down about $60/ton from a week earlier.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops