Naphtha prices drop below the $400 threshold in Asia
Spot naphtha prices in Asia decreased around $25-30/ton week over week to be currently quoted at around $395-400/ton CFR Japan. Spot naphtha prices in Asia have declined around $70/ton from the beginning of the new year.
Meanwhile, Brent January crude futures settled below the $50/barrel threshold on January 12, hitting their lowest level since March 2009 on a weekly average basis while NYMEX crude closed at around $46/barrel, hitting the lowest level seen since March 16, 2009, according to ChemOrbis Price Wizard.
ICE February Brent crude was down 84 cents to settle at $46.59/barrel on Tuesday while NYMEX February crude decreased 18 cents to settle at $45.89/barrel.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?