Naphtha prices fall below $400/ton threshold in Europe
Spot naphtha prices in Europe declined approximately $25-30/ton week over week to be currently quoted at around $395-400/ton on a CIF ARA basis.
Sources reported that in addition to sufficient supply levels in the region, a fire at Shell’s Moerdijk petrochemical site on November 11 is also weighing on market sentiment. The Moerdijk site is able to produce 900,000 tons/year of ethylene, 450,000 tons/year of propylene, 550,000 tons/year of benzene and 450,000 tons/year of styrene.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months