Naphtha prices fall below $500/ton threshold in Asia, Europe
Spot naphtha prices in Asia declined around $60/ton week over week to be currently quoted at around $490/ton CFR Japan. According to ChemOrbis Price Wizard, naphtha prices on a weekly average basis are now at their lowest level since early February.
Sources reported that in addition to sufficient supply levels in the region, additional cargoes from the Middle East, India and the West are exerting downward pressure on naphtha prices. Moreover, demand is said to be not very strong as crackers have sufficient naphtha stocks.
Meanwhile, spot naphtha prices in Europe also fell below the $500/ton threshold within the last week. Prices declined approximately $55/ton week over week to be currently quoted at around $460/ton on a CIF ARA basis, the lowest level since February 2 on a weekly average basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa
- Vietnam’s PE market sees first hike attempts after two months
- PET prices in Turkey and Egypt recover from two-year lows