Naphtha prices move above $400/ton threshold in Europe
Spot naphtha prices in Europe rose about $20/ton on the week to be currently reported at around $405/ton CIF NWE, hitting the highest levels seen since early December 2015, according to weekly average prices on ChemOrbis Price Wizard. Meanwhile, spot naphtha prices in Asia increased $5-10/ton week over week to be currently reported at around $410-415/ton CFR Japan. According to weekly average prices, current naphtha prices in Asia represent the highest levels seen since early January 2016.
Recently, crude oil prices have moved above the $45/barrel threshold. On Thursday, NYMEX June crude oil futures were up 70 cents to settle at $46.03/barrel while ICE June Brent crude rose 96 cents to settle at $48.14/barrel.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem