Naphtha prices move above $500/ton threshold in Asia
Spot naphtha prices in Asia increased around $75/ton week over week to be currently quoted at around $515/ton CFR Japan while the prices have climbed approximately $50/ton compared with the beginning of the new year.
Meanwhile, spot naphtha prices are also approaching the $500/ton threshold in Europe. The increase in the European naphtha market was attributed to supply issues in the Mediterranean and firmer Asian markets.
Spot naphtha prices in Europe rose approximately $80/ton week over week to be currently quoted at around $490-495/ton on a CIF ARA basis. Naphtha prices in Europe have increased by $75/ton compared with the beginning of January.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns