Naphtha prices move below $500/ton threshold in Asia, Europe
Spot naphtha prices in Asia declined around $25-30/ton week over week to be currently quoted at around $495/ton CFR Japan while the prices have plunged approximately $55-60/ton compared with the beginning of the month.
Meanwhile, spot naphtha prices also fell below the $500/ton threshold in Europe. Spot naphtha prices in Europe declined approximately $20-25/ton week over week to be currently quoted at around $465-470/ton on a CIF ARA basis. Naphtha prices in Europe have decreased by around $65/ton compared with the beginning of March.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion