Negotiations underway for more Dec ethylene, propylene settlements
A West European producer said that they are still negotiating on the December ethylene contract as a buyer. “Sellers are now trying to limit the size of the decrease up to €30/ton upon the recent developments; however, we still aim to finalize the deal with the same size of decrease achieved in the first settlement,” a producer source said.
Crude oil markets have been rather volatile in the past few weeks upon OPEC’s decision to try to limit oil output, which finally came to a conclusion at their Vienna meeting yesterday. Having fallen by almost $2/bbl on Tuesday, January ICE Brent futures surged $4.09/bbl to expire on Wednesday at $50.47 a barrel. Brent for February settlement was much higher at $52.33 a barrel.
Spot naphtha prices in Europe, accordingly, jumped $26/ton on the same day to be reported at $435-440/ton CIF NWE.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?
- Turkey’s PE markets retain downtrend as 2021 ends