Neste announces new renewable products investment, awards contract
The €1.4 billion investment is expected to increase Neste’s renewable products capacity by up to 1.3 million tons/year to 4.5 million tons/year upon the expected start-up of its new production line in H1 2022.
The company has also awarded an engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) contract to Italy’s TechnipFMC for the project. As part of the contract, TechnipFMC will provide steam reforming technology to the Finnish company.
Neste produces renewable aviation fuel and raw materials for various polymers and chemicals materials in Singapore, the Netherlands, Finland and Bahrain.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PP, PE buyers sideline ahead of further drops in June
- China’s April PE imports fall to around 1 million tons, lowest since 2018
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?
- LDPE prices move below LLDPE, HDPE on global lethargy
- Slide deepens in Middle Eastern PP, PE markets through May