New European PS prices start to be revealed in Turkey
A trader offering on behalf of a West European producer voiced his new GPPS and HIPS prices at €1100/ton ($1243/ton) and €1160/ton ($1311/ton), respectively. These levels were almost in line with the sellers’ previous sell ideas and were nearly steady from the most recent January levels.
The trader blamed restricted PS availability at his supplier’s side as the reason behind his almost flat pricing while commenting, “Moreover, we expect the recent hikes in energy prices to boost demand somewhat this month.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Energy consumption curbs start to bite Chinese petchem markets
- Spot PE markets yield to fading demand, better availability in Europe
- Turkey’s PS, EPS markets retain uptrend on low availability
- China’s PP, PE and PVC markets continue to offer poor netbacks despite better sentiment
- LDPE run-up enters its third month in China as tightness persists
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs