New LLDPE metallocene stats launched for EU and Turkey
LLDPE metallocene is now classified under HS code of 390140000000. The import and export statistics that belong to the first six and seven months of 2017 from the customs of the EU and Turkey are also available on ChemOrbis Stats Wizard , where you can check monthly, quarterly and yearly data in terms of volumes in tonnages and value in the US dollar and you can also compare the data for different products and regions.
As can be seen from the graph below prepared by ChemOrbis Stats Wizard, the EU mainly exports LLDPE metallocene while Italy is heavily dependent on imports for this product. Turkey also imports LLDPE metallocene although its size is relatively smaller than that of Italy.
(*) We have asked for clarification from Euro Stats regarding Feb 2017 import data which shows less imports to EU28 than imports to Italy.
When checking imports by country, ChemOrbis Import Statistics reveal that Italy mainly met its metallocene LLDPE requirements respectively from France, Belgium and Spain in the first half of 2017. The fourth largest supplier of Italy is Saudi Arabia, followed by the Netherlands and Singapore. You can check the monthly import volumes of Italy from each country in in ChemOrbis Imports Statistics by country .
The EU is also a major supplier of metallocene for Turkey as Turkey met 40% of its LLDPE metallocene imports from the EU as a duty-free region in January-August; however, the top exporter to Turkey on a country basis was Singapore in the first 7 months of 2017, as suggested by ChemOrbis Import Statistics . Singapore was followed by France, Saudi Arabia and the Netherlands.
On a related note, Turkey’s cumulative imports for regular LLDPE continued to grow in January-August. They represent a yearly growth of 21%, hitting a record-high despite the extraction of LLDPE metallocene from the statistics of regular LLDPE. You can check out the monthly and cumulative import volumes in ChemOrbis Import Statistics by product .
However, the extraction of LLDPE metallocene was visible in Italy’s cumulative imports for regular LLDPE statistics in the first half of 2017 as ChemOrbis Import Statistics by product show a 13% decline on yearly basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- ABS prices see more-than-a-year low in Asia, Europe
- Styrene prices sink to multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- European PET posts double-digit decreases for October
- PVC downturn gains pace in Asia on Taiwanese major’s larger-than expected drop
- Asian spot propylene regains premium over ethylene for first time since 2013
- Import LDPE, LLDPE prices almost back at par with ethylene in China
- Turkish players voice early PP, PE expectations for November
- Thin buying cushions impact of PVC shutdowns across Europe
- China’s PP market makes a strong start to post-holiday period
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread narrows to 3-year low