New Middle Eastern PE prices start to surface for Feb in Turkey
Initial February PE offers were reported at $1060-1100/ton for LDPE film, $1050-1060/ton for HDPE film and at $1050/ton for LLDPE c4 film, all on a CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash. These levels represented significant declines of $130-150/ton month over month. “We already concluded some deals at our new prices levels,” a seller reported.
Now, players are set to hear new February announcements from a Saudi Arabian major. The Saudi producer’s February prices have already been reported with decreases of $60-80/ton from January in the nearby Egyptian market.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect