New passenger car sales in EU increase in Dec: ACEA
The increase was attributed to significant gains in Spain, the UK, Germany and Italy, which posted gains of 21.4%, 8.7% 6.7% and 2.4%, respectively. However sales in France decreased 6.7% when compared to the same month of the previous year.
In 2014, meanwhile, new passenger car sales in the EU rose 5.7% to reach 12,550,771 vehicles, increasing for the first time in seven years.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?
- Turkey PP and PE regain premium over China, LDPE fails to make a sprint