New passenger car sales in the EU continue to rise in May
Across the region, the largest increase was seen in Italy (+27.3%), followed by France (+22.3%), Spain (+20.9%) and Germany (+11.9%) while the UK market also rose 2.5% last month.
New passenger car registrations climbed 9.9% to in the January-May period. The countries posting the strongest growth in the period were Italy (+20.5%), Spain (+12.5%), France (+10.5%), Germany (+6.8%) and the UK (+4.1%).
ACEA estimates that new passenger car registrations will post 5% growth for 2016.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months