New passenger car sales in the EU continue to rise in May
Across the region, the largest increase was seen in Italy (+27.3%), followed by France (+22.3%), Spain (+20.9%) and Germany (+11.9%) while the UK market also rose 2.5% last month.
New passenger car registrations climbed 9.9% to in the January-May period. The countries posting the strongest growth in the period were Italy (+20.5%), Spain (+12.5%), France (+10.5%), Germany (+6.8%) and the UK (+4.1%).
ACEA estimates that new passenger car registrations will post 5% growth for 2016.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem