New passenger car sales in the EU post fresh gains in June
Across the region, the largest increase was seen in Italy (+11.9%), followed by Spain (+11.2%) and Germany (+8.3%) while the French market remained steady. Passenger sales in the UK posted a slight decrease of 08% due to lower private sales.
In the January-June period, meanwhile, new passenger car registrations climbed 9.4% to reach 7,842,965 units. The countries posting the strongest growth in the period were Italy (+19.2%), Spain (+12.5%), France (+8.3%), Germany (+7.1%) and the UK (+3.2%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports