New passenger car sales in the EU post fresh gains in June
Across the region, the largest increase was seen in Italy (+11.9%), followed by Spain (+11.2%) and Germany (+8.3%) while the French market remained steady. Passenger sales in the UK posted a slight decrease of 08% due to lower private sales.
In the January-June period, meanwhile, new passenger car registrations climbed 9.4% to reach 7,842,965 units. The countries posting the strongest growth in the period were Italy (+19.2%), Spain (+12.5%), France (+8.3%), Germany (+7.1%) and the UK (+3.2%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS