Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa, Egypt to establish FTA
The information was reported per a communiqué issued by foreign and trade ministers of these countries after meeting on the sidelines of the Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD) held in Nairobi last week. The countries aim to establish a trade and economic partnership, to organize and deepen and expand their economic relationship.
Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta reportedly stated that an increase in commodity exchange would speed up integration, develop larger markets and facilitate competition.
Prepared by a consortium of the African Development Bank (AfDB), the OECD Development Centre and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the 2016 African Economic Outlook suggests that trade within the African continent could be stimulated by stronger manufacturing trading between the nations.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey polymer markets entering holiday amid weak atmosphere, what lies ahead?
- European PP retains strength under shadow of arriving imports
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year