Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa, Egypt to establish FTA
The information was reported per a communiqué issued by foreign and trade ministers of these countries after meeting on the sidelines of the Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD) held in Nairobi last week. The countries aim to establish a trade and economic partnership, to organize and deepen and expand their economic relationship.
Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta reportedly stated that an increase in commodity exchange would speed up integration, develop larger markets and facilitate competition.
Prepared by a consortium of the African Development Bank (AfDB), the OECD Development Centre and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the 2016 African Economic Outlook suggests that trade within the African continent could be stimulated by stronger manufacturing trading between the nations.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook