Nigeria concerned about economic growth
Governor Godwin Emefiele said that the Monetary Policy Committee was also satisfied with the bank’s attempts to stabilize the local currency, the naira, which has come under major pressure in the last six months due to the collapse in oil prices. According to Emefiele, confidence is likely to improve and business is likely to revive after the elections.
“I am worried about the outlook for economic growth, but investment and business confidence should pick up once Africa’s most populous nation successfully navigates this weekend’s election,” said Emefiele.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September