Nigeria’s ELEME adjusts March PP, PE prices higher
The producer now offers LLDPE film at NGN420,000/ton ($2110/ton), LLDPE injection at NGN430,000/ton ($2160/ton), HDPE film at NGN421,000/ton ($2115/ton), HDPE b/m at NGN418,000/ton ($2100/ton), HDPE injection at NGN419,000/ton ($2105/ton), PPBC injection at NGN377,000-385,000/ton ($1894-1934/ton), PP raffia at NGN357,000/ton ($1794/ton) and PP injection at NGN354,000/ton ($1778/ton) on an ex-Port Harcourt, Nigeria, cash excluding 5% VAT basis.
ELEME had restarted their plant as of last week and lifted the force majeure on their PP and PE production. A producer source had previously stated that they were readying to deliver to the market this week. The producer’s shutdown and force majeure took around two weeks. However, buyers are still highlighting that the producer’s supplies will be limited, despite their restart, given the lack of adequate feedstock supplies at ELEME’s facility.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand