Nigeria’s ELEME lowers August PP, PE prices
Now, new prices from the producer stand at NGN335,000/ton ($1683/ton) for LLDPE c4 film, NGN345,000/ton ($1733/ton) for LLDPE c4 injection, NGN345,000/ton ($1733/ton) for HDPE film, NGN342,000/ton ($1718/ton) for HDPE b/m, NGN343,000/ton ($1723/ton) for HDPE injection, NGN313,000/ton ($1572/ton) for PP raffia and NGN310,000/ton ($1556/ton) for PP injection on ex- Port Harcourt, Nigeria, cash excluding 5% VAT basis.
At the beginning of August, the producer had rolled over their prices for the second consecutive month. However, demand was weak and most buyers said that they planned to postpone their purchases to the next month, although those who purchased mostly preferred to source from the local market given the increasing US dollar parity against the local currency, the naira.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa