Nigeria’s ELEME reveals August PP, PE prices
The producer implemented increases of NGN30000-35000/ton ($94-109/ton) for PP and NGN20000-25000/ton ($62-78/ton) for PE.
According to a trader’s report, ELEME’s offers now stand at NGN467000/ton ($1481/ton) for PP-homo raffia, at NGN464000/ton ($1472/ton) for PP-homo injection, at NGN492000-505000/ton ($1561-1602/ton) for PP block copolymer injection, at NGN531000/ton ($1684/ton) for HDPE film, at NGN540000/ton ($1713/ton) for LLDPE injection, at NGN528000/ton ($1675/ton) for HDPE blow moulding, at NGN529000/ton ($1678/ton) for HDPE injection and at NGN525000/ton ($1665/ton) for LLDPE film, all on ex-Port Harcourt, Nigeria, cash excluding 5% VAT basis.
A buyer reported that demand is fine in the market and market activity is going smoothly. He noted, “However, import activity is still hampered. Hence, demand for ELEME’s cargoes is performing well. The parity remains high but the availability of hard currency is gaining ground slowly.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China boosts polymer imports from US again despite shrinking overall imports in 2022
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December