Nigeria’s ELEME reveals August PP, PE prices
The producer implemented increases of NGN30000-35000/ton ($94-109/ton) for PP and NGN20000-25000/ton ($62-78/ton) for PE.
According to a trader’s report, ELEME’s offers now stand at NGN467000/ton ($1481/ton) for PP-homo raffia, at NGN464000/ton ($1472/ton) for PP-homo injection, at NGN492000-505000/ton ($1561-1602/ton) for PP block copolymer injection, at NGN531000/ton ($1684/ton) for HDPE film, at NGN540000/ton ($1713/ton) for LLDPE injection, at NGN528000/ton ($1675/ton) for HDPE blow moulding, at NGN529000/ton ($1678/ton) for HDPE injection and at NGN525000/ton ($1665/ton) for LLDPE film, all on ex-Port Harcourt, Nigeria, cash excluding 5% VAT basis.
A buyer reported that demand is fine in the market and market activity is going smoothly. He noted, “However, import activity is still hampered. Hence, demand for ELEME’s cargoes is performing well. The parity remains high but the availability of hard currency is gaining ground slowly.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs