Nigeria’s ELEME reveals June PP, PE prices
A buyer who reported receiving stable June prices from the producer commented, “The producer elected to maintain a steady trend on their new prices despite the globally softening trends as their prices are still reasonable in Nigeria amidst ongoing difficulties for import trading. We believe that their offers will see demand from buyers who struggle with the fluctuating dollar parity when securing import materials.”
Another converter confirmed ELEME’s rollover decision and opined, “Demand is performing well in the local market nowadays while we are planning to receive June prices from our overseas suppliers before we decide on our next purchase.”
According to buyers’ reports, ELEME’s new prices stand at NGN490,000/ton ($1736/ton) for LLDPE film, at NGN505,000/ton ($1780/ton) for LLDPE injection, at NGN491,000/ton ($1740/ton) for HDPE film, at NGN488,000/ton ($1730/ton) for HDPE b/m, at NGN489,000/ton ($1732/ton) for HDPE injection, NGN457,000-470,000/ton ($1620-1665/ton) for PPBC injection, NGN437,000/ton ($1548/ton) for PP raffia and at NGN434,000/ton ($1538/ton) for PP injection on an ex-Port Harcourt, Nigeria, cash excluding 5% VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September