Nigeria’s ELEME reveals November PP, PE prices
According to a trader receiving new offers from ELEME, the producer’s new PP and PE offers remained unchanged at NGN569,000/ton ($1808/ton) for PP-homo raffia, at 562,000NGN/ton ($1786/ton) for PP-homo injection, at NGN597,000-610,000/ton ($1897-1938/ton) for PPBC injection, at NGN650,000/ton ($2065/ton) for HDPE film, at NGN647,000/ton ($2056/ton) for HDPE blow moulding, at NGN648,000/ton ($2059/ton) for HDPE injection, at NGN681,000/ton ($2164/ton) for LLDPE injection and NGN665,000/ton ($2113/ton) for LLDPE film, all on an ex-Port Harcourt, Nigeria, cash excluding 5% VAT basis.
“Deliveries from ELEME are regular to the local market. Overall availability is good in the market while demand remains disappointing,” added the trader.
A plastic end manufacturer receiving ELEME’s new November offers also said they are no longer able to make purchases in the import market given the high exchange rates and the dollar shortage. The converter added, "Players prefer to source from ELEME in order to meet their needs and the producer is making use of this situation. Demand for our end product is good and we meet our needs from the locally held market.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months