Nigeria’s ELEME reveals November PP, PE prices
According to a trader receiving new offers from ELEME, the producer’s new PP and PE offers remained unchanged at NGN569,000/ton ($1808/ton) for PP-homo raffia, at 562,000NGN/ton ($1786/ton) for PP-homo injection, at NGN597,000-610,000/ton ($1897-1938/ton) for PPBC injection, at NGN650,000/ton ($2065/ton) for HDPE film, at NGN647,000/ton ($2056/ton) for HDPE blow moulding, at NGN648,000/ton ($2059/ton) for HDPE injection, at NGN681,000/ton ($2164/ton) for LLDPE injection and NGN665,000/ton ($2113/ton) for LLDPE film, all on an ex-Port Harcourt, Nigeria, cash excluding 5% VAT basis.
“Deliveries from ELEME are regular to the local market. Overall availability is good in the market while demand remains disappointing,” added the trader.
A plastic end manufacturer receiving ELEME’s new November offers also said they are no longer able to make purchases in the import market given the high exchange rates and the dollar shortage. The converter added, "Players prefer to source from ELEME in order to meet their needs and the producer is making use of this situation. Demand for our end product is good and we meet our needs from the locally held market.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indian PVC players expect bullish trend to taper off for August
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?