Nigeria’s ELEME reveals PP, PE offers for September
Accordingly, ELEME’s new offers are currently standing at NGN507,000/ton ($1401/ton) for HDPE film, at NGN504,000/ton ($1393/ton) for LLDPE c4 film and for HDPE b/m, at NGN505,000/ton ($1396/ton) for HDPE inj., at NGN491,000/ton for ($1357/ton) for PP raffia, at NGN484,000/ton ($1338/ton) for inj. and at NGN503,000-519,000/ton ($1390-1435/ton) for PPBC inj., all on an ex-Port Harcourt, Nigeria, cash excluding 5% VAT basis.
The producer’s September PP pricing was in line with the earlier expectations despite sluggish end-business and the naira’s fluctuations. A distributor predicted, “Overall market expectations were calling for some hike attempts from the producer especially for PP as the producer’s PP offers were steady since mid-July whereas overseas producers issued firm PP offers.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures