Nigeria’s ELEME reveals PP, PE offers for September
Accordingly, ELEME’s new offers are currently standing at NGN507,000/ton ($1401/ton) for HDPE film, at NGN504,000/ton ($1393/ton) for LLDPE c4 film and for HDPE b/m, at NGN505,000/ton ($1396/ton) for HDPE inj., at NGN491,000/ton for ($1357/ton) for PP raffia, at NGN484,000/ton ($1338/ton) for inj. and at NGN503,000-519,000/ton ($1390-1435/ton) for PPBC inj., all on an ex-Port Harcourt, Nigeria, cash excluding 5% VAT basis.
The producer’s September PP pricing was in line with the earlier expectations despite sluggish end-business and the naira’s fluctuations. A distributor predicted, “Overall market expectations were calling for some hike attempts from the producer especially for PP as the producer’s PP offers were steady since mid-July whereas overseas producers issued firm PP offers.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia